LAST UPDATED: April 20, 2018
1. Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect any information you provide to us when you use the Service. You may provide us with information in various ways on the Service.
Registration: If you register with us as an Investor, you are required to provide us with your name and email address and to designate a password. In order to participate in token sales as an Investor, depending on your country of permanent residence, we also require certain information to confirm your status as an accredited investor. For example, Investors hoping to participate in a token sale in an individual capacity, and not on behalf of a corporation or trust, must provide their full name, social security number, copy of photo ID, phone number, address, date of birth, and proof of required assets (such as an asset appraisal) or income (such as tax filings or pay stubs).
Financial Information: Investors may invest in our token sale using traditional currency and/or cryptocurrency. To facilitate these transactions we will collect necessary financial information, such as your bank's routing number and your account number.
Communications: If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you email our Customer Support Team, we will receive your email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Service
When you use our Service, we may collect information from you through automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs. By using the Service, you consent to the placement of cookies, beacons, and similar technologies in your browser and on emails in accordance with this Policy. The information collected in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device IDs and characteristics, operating system version, language preferences, referring URLs, and information about the usage of our Service.
2. How We Use Your InformationHow We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect:
- To verify the identity and accreditation status of investors, which may include conducting a soft pull on your credit history, and to facilitate investments in the Expercoin tokens.
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative or informational purposes, including by providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest.
- To personalize your experience on the Service by presenting tailored content.
- We may aggregate data collected through the Service and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
3. How We Share Your Information
We may disclose information that we collect through the Service to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To credit bureaus and other third parties who provide Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering services, including verifying users as accredited investors.
- Information collected from and about Investors may be shared with Token Developers to facilitate Investor directed investments.
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
In addition, we may use third party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about your use of the Service. We do not share your information with these third parties, but theses analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on the Service and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different websites. For example, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Google provides some additional privacy options described at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
4. Third Party Services
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and not share your password with anyone.
6. Your Choices
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the "unsubscribe" link provided in each such email.
7. Use of Service by Minors
The Service are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Service.
8. International Cross-border Data Transfer
Expercoin uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Service you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
We may make changes to this Policy. The "Last Updated" date at the top of this page indicates when this Policy was last revised. If we make material changes, we may notify you through the Service or by sending you an email or other communication. We encourage you to read this Policy periodically to stay up-to-date about our privacy practices. Your use of the Service following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us.